jeudi 26 avril 2012

Mountains...

Today is raining. There are clouds all over the beautiful mountains... I can see the clouds moving... I can feel the rain in my face... I can feel the wind flying away in its freedom... Nevertheless the power of the wind, the mountains, the flowers, and the trees stand beautiful and still... No matter how strong the wind blows the mountains keep their position... I have thought a lot about this escenary today... I have thought about the strength and beauty I feel when I see and think about it.. I see a magnificent view... In addition to this beauty, I read a quote from Og Mandino that says: "I am here for a purpose and that purpose it to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy!" What is our potential? How do we grow into mountains? Why would this be important? You can answer these questions yourself. It may not be important for you to know the answer to these questions, but I will tell you why these are important to me.

A few years ago, I took a class at school where I learned about the economic situation of women and children. I read hundreds of articles about it and in each an everyone of them I found the same story. Mistreated children and abused wives and mothers. Countries that are the poorest economically are the countries that treat their women and children the worst. I found this so interesting. As I ponder about this, I asked my self, why I would be so priviledge to have a bowl of food when there are others that have nothing to eat. I asked myself why I would be allowed to go to school when little children in different places in the world wake up at 3am in the morning to go to work to sustain their families and therefore they never get to learn to read and write. These children do not know about childhood. I felt ashamed, even when life is hard, I am blessed. I am still working in remembring this when life is hard for me.

In the movie Spiderman, it is quoted a very important theme that makes Spiderman assume his resposability to help the world: "With great power comes great responsability." This is true. We are blessed because we are meant to give to others. We are blessed so we can have the priviledge to help others and this is the reason it is important for us to reach our full potential. This is our purpose. We reach our full potential so we can help our friends and everyone around us. "I am here for a purpose and that purpose it to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy!" We are here for a purpose! We are here to become strong as mountains and not shrink in the face of adversity! If we do not want to do it for ourselves, then lest do it for others!

The link that I am posting below is the link to one of my favorite songs that portrays the beauty that I am talking about... the beauty I saw today... and the beauty I admire which inspires me to become what I want to become...

Leadammy :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire