jeudi 3 mai 2012

Moments like this...


There is a bunch of people here where I am… some speak Spanish, others speak French, others speak Portuguese, others speak Russian… etc. My favorite language to hear besides French is Chinese. I sit next to the people expert in Chinese. Instead of them being white, I imagine them as real Chinese people and that makes the magic! I am in China! I feel in China all the time. J

Whenever I have a moment like this, I think in the many people all around the world. I think in their lives and the millions secrets they have.  Each and every one of them has its own world. They have things they love as much as things they dislike. They have their own joys and also their own troubles. Each person has their own story. Even when I think I know a person very well, I discover more and more about the person as time passes. It is like we all have a mysterious part in ourselves that takes eternity to discover. This thought deepens as I think in the universe and the millions of galaxies that there are.  This makes me feel like there is so much to discover… so much to know… and no enough time...
However, yesterday, as I was exercising in the gym, I saw a handicapped young man in a wheelchair with another young man who was helping him exercise. It was sweet scenery for me to see the two of them. The young man helping him was not older than 18 years old and the young man in the wheelchair was older and much bigger than him. He was still young though. I was watching them carefully because I was afraid something could happen as the 18 year old lifted the guy in the wheelchair into one of the cycling machines. I saw that it was not easy but the young man managed to put his friend into the machine so he could exercise.  I was amazed at his strength and I admired him. But that was not all, once positioned in the machine, the handicapped young man started cycling in the electric bicycle. Wow!  His legs were not straight. His whole body was deformed but he was doing it, slow but surely. That was power and the human spirit for me! I cried inside of me. I cried because moments like this give me hope. It reminds me of the power that resides within us. It shows me that our spirits are unconquerable and stronger than we think. They show me that even when there is so much corruption and hurt going on in the world, there are still more important things and those things are worth living and fighting for.

I hope that during the time I have on this earth I can discover as much  people as I can as well as the big universe we are surrounded by… but even if after I do all that I can to learn, my  life is still filled with only a few moments like the one I experienced yesterday and the ones I have already experienced, then I can feel happy and have hope for the world around me...

-Leadammy :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire